× "Water and Sustainability" ed. by Prathna Thanjavur Chandrasekaran Close
"Water and Sustainability" ed. by Prathna Thanjavur Chandrasekaran
UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education
ITExLi | 2019 | ISBN: 838802320 9781838802325 1838802312 9781838802318 | 127 pages | PDF | 10 MB
The purpose of this book is to provide the reader with abundant and relevant information on all aspects related to water sustainability: water reuse, dynamics of transboundary waterways, economic tools to analyze sustainability, water-energy-food nexus, computer simulation models to study watershed models, and so forth. Although this book may not provide readers with comprehensive information on all aspects related to water sustainability, it will provide constructive data and content on the current trends and advancements in sustainable practices related to water.
Floods and droughts brought about by the vagaries of nature cause extensive damage to the livelihoods of people as well as the environment. Knowledge of the need to adopt sustainable practices toward water use, reuse, and management is critical and the scope of this book deals precisely with sustainable practices in water management.
The book is intended to further motivate readers and scientists alike to look further and make concerted efforts toward promoting better and effective water management.
1. Introductory Chapter: Water Sustainability in a Dynamic World
2. Sustainable and Resilient Water and Energy Futures: From New Ethics and Choices to Urban Nexus Strategies
3. A Call to Cities: Run Out of Water or Create Resilience and Abundance?
4. Water, Ecosystem Dynamics and Human Livelihoods in the Okavango River Basin (ORB): Competing Needs or Balanced Use? A Review
5. Sustainability of Irrigation in Uzbekistan: Implications for Women Farmers
6. Comparison of Water Resources Community Self-Management Mode between China and Tanzania
7. Economic Instruments to Combat Eutrophication: A Survey
8. Setting Up a Computer Simulation Model in an Arkansas Watershed for the MRBI Program
1st true PDF with TOC BookMarkLinks
Download File Size:8.72 MB