× "Understanding of Atmospheric Systems with Efficient Numerical Methods for Observation and Prediction" ed. by Lei-Ming Ma Close
"Understanding of Atmospheric Systems with Efficient Numerical Methods for Observation and Prediction" ed. by Lei-Ming Ma, Feng Zhang, Chang-Jiang Zhang
ITExLi | 2019 | ISBN: 183880112X 9781838801120 1838801111 9781838801113 | 153 pages | PDF | 33 MB
This is a book to provide in-depth explorations of the numerical methods developed to better understand atmospheric systems.
Although the technology of observation and prediction of atmospheric systems draws upon many common fields, until now the interrelatedness and interdisciplinary nature of these research fields have scarcely been discussed in one volume containing fundamental theories, numerical methods, and operational application results.
Chapter 1 presents an efficient algorithm for tropical cyclone center determination by using satellite imagery. Chapter 2 aims to identify atmospheric systems with a new polarization remote sensing method. Chapters 3-8 place emphasis on enhancing the performance of numerical models in the prediction of atmospheric systems that should be valuable for researchers and forecasters.
1. Introductory Chapter: Understanding of Atmospheric Systems with Efficient Numerical Methods for Observation and Prediction
2. Tropical Cyclone Center Determination Algorithm by Texture and Gradient of Infrared Satellite Image
3. Polarization Remote Sensing for Land Observation
4. Rainfall Nowcasting by Blending of Radar Data and Numerical Weather Prediction
5. Spectral Representation of Time and Physical Parameters in Numerical Weather Prediction
6. Atmospheric Radiative Transfer Parameterizations
7. Evaluating Cooling Tower Scheme and Mechanical Drag Coefficient Formulation in High-Resolution Regional Model
8. Numerical Air Quality Forecast over Eastern China: Development, Uncertainty and Future
9. Numerical Simulation of the Effects of Increasing Urban Albedo on Air Temperatures and Quality over Madrid City (Spain) by Coupled WRF/CMAQ Atmospheric Chemistry Model
1st true PDF with TOC BookMarkLinks
Download File Size:30.29 MB