× "Biogenic Amines" ed. by Charalampos Proestos Close
"Biogenic Amines" ed. by Charalampos Proestos
ITExLi | 2019 | ISBN: 1789841348 9781789841343 178984133X 9781789841336 | 65 pages | PDF | 4 MB
This volume is dedicated to biogenic amines (BAs) - low-molecular-mass organic bases that occur in plant- and animal-derived products. BAs in food can occur by free amino acid enzymatic decarboxylation and other metabolic processes.
Usually, in the human body, amines contained in foods are quickly detoxified by enzymes such as amine oxidases or by conjugation; however, in allergic individuals or if monoamine oxidase inhibitors are applied, the detoxification process is disturbed and BAs accumulate in the body. Knowing the concentration of BAs is essential because they can affect human health and also because they can be used as freshness indicators to estimate the degree of food spoilage.
1. Introductory Chapter: Current Knowledge on Biogenic Amines
2. Emerging Trends in Biogenic Amines Analysis
3. Biogenic Amines: A Claim for Wines
4. Histamine and Other Biogenic Amines in Food. From Scombroid Poisoning to Histamine Intolerance
5. Biochemical and Pharmacological Properties of Biogenic Amines
1st true PDF with TOC BookMarkLinks
Download File Size:4.15 MB