× Golaem Crowd 7.1 Close
Golaem Crowd 7.1 | 92.2 mb
Golaem releases Golaem 7.1, the latest version of its crowd simulation and character layout software. The 7 release brings a new Character Layout Tool, including a DCC agnostic nodal editor and more capabilities, as well as a live link to Unreal Engine.
Golaem 7.1 (2019/09/09) - Release Notes New features
- New Golaem plugin for Houdini 17.5 which allows to preview and render Golaem Caches in Mantra (beta)
- Cache Proxies can now have a hierarchy of Layout Files to layout Simulation Cache at multiple levels (project, sequence, shot…)
- New renderer attributes mechanism to control per mesh rendering properties (subd, displ, viz…) for Arnold, Vray, Renderman rendering plugin
- Added an offline mode to the Posture and the Rig Layers in the Layout Tool
- Added an 'Import Maya Keyframes' button on the Posture and Rig Layer in the Layout Tool
- Layout Nodes can be double clicked to be added to the latest Selector in the Layout Tool
- Added a progress bar when loading keyframes in the Layout Tool
- Layers can now be copied between Layout Files in the Layout Tool
- Layers can now be directly added to links or Groups in the Layout Tool
- Added a indicator * on tabs that are modified but not yet saved in the Layout Tool
- A Merge Layer is now added if several links are connected to root when grouping in the Layout Tool
- Added ungroup option in the Layout Tool
- Notes can be copied in the Layout Tool
- Added coloring of Entities when a Behavior starts
- Added support for Guerilla Render 2.2
- Added support for expression based shading in Guerilla Render 2.2
- Fixed first frame and batch rendering in the 3ds Max render plugin
- Fixed the Set Mode of the Posture Layer in the Layout Tool
- Fixed saving of nested Layer Groups in the Layout Tool
- Fixed doubled connections between nodes when grouped in the Layout Tool
- Fixed Populate On Curve with various Crowd Unit in the Population Tool
- Fixed Populate On Curve and Terrain pinning in the Population Tool
- Fixed Terrain Adaptation in the Renderman render plugin
- Fixed a crash when parsing some attributes in the Renderman render plugin
- Refactored Undo/Redo in the Layout Tool
- Removed the Set Mode of the Rig Layer in the Layout Tool
- duplicateIds are now replaced by an expression taking their ID directly from node output in the Layout Tool
- Improved update of keyframes of the Posture Layer in the Layout Tool
- Layout Graphs are now centered when opening Layout Files or Layout Groups
- Removed .mi option in the Crowd Archiver Node
Supported Rendering Engines
- Mtoa 3.1, 3.2
- V-Ray For Maya 4.0X
- V-Ray For 3ds Max 4.10
- Renderman For Maya 22.4, 22.5
- Mental Ray 3.13.X
- Redshift 2.6.14-20
- 3Delight Studio Pro 11.0.XX and 12.X
- Guerilla Render 2.1, 2.2
- Katana 2.5, 2.6 and 3.X from KtoA 2.X and RfK 22.4, 22.5
- Unreal Engine 4.20
- Houdini 17.5
Also supported (but must be manually installed):
- Mtoa 3.0, 2.X
- V-Ray For Maya 3.6X
- Redshift 2.5.64-71
Golaem releases Golaem 7, the latest version of its crowd simulation and character layout software. It brings a new Character Layout Tool, including a DCC agnostic nodal editor and more capabilities, as well as a live link to Unreal Engine.
A new Character Layout Tool
Born as a retake tool for Golaem simulations, Golaem Layout is now evolving as an independent tool for procedural character layout, enabling artists to easily populate shots by using Population Vignettes they can place in their scene and quickly edit them to fit with the shot direction.
A Population Vignette is similar to a proxy for characters and their animations which can be edited thanks to directable layers such as automatic feet adaptation to the ground, look at, duplicate, controllable geometry and shading variations, animation retiming, IK autorig to retake animation…
Artists can then adapt the scene very easily to frequent changes in directorial intentions or environment changes. For example, taking into account a new ground geometry can be done in one click.
Population Vignettes edits are non destructive, and performed using a new nodal editor which makes it easy to copy edits to others characters, rearrange modifications, test different stacks of modifications and so on. The new Layout architecture also makes it possible to drive edit with locators, or to keyframe their values using the standard Maya tools.
Population Vignettes can be layouted manually or scattered in the scene thanks to the Golaem Population Tool. Thousands of them can be animated in real time without slowing down Maya or making the scene file longer to open.
Golaem Layout has been unanimously acclaimed as a huge time and money saver by all its customers.
Round trip link with Unreal Engine
Golaem introduces a new plugin for Unreal Engine which enables loading Population Vignettes and layout them.
Unreal scenes can be refreshed instantly to take modifications done in Maya, and the Layout modifications can be edited directly in Unreal, and reloaded in Maya.
By avoiding things such as baking alembic caches and loading them in Unreal Engine, which wastes time and is always a pain to keep things in sync, this new workflow really facilitates the work of the team. It has already been used efficiently in production by Waterproof Studios and IGG Inc. for their in-game cinematics.
This new plugin takes advantage of Golaem C++/Python APIs which allows to quickly load Golaem simulation caches and layout in any platform (one of Golaem customers has implemented an Isotropix Clarisse integration in a few weeks). It also embeds the new Golaem Layout editor, which is independent from Maya, making it possible to use in any platform which supports Python.
The Unreal plugin source code is now available to customers so that they can compile their own Unreal Engine version with it, and contribute their developments.
Golaem develops artist-friendly tools to animate digital characters. Integrated in Autodesk Maya, Golaem makes it fast and affordable to populate worlds with directable digital characters, from a few to thousands. Artists from all over the globe use Golaem to bring life to commercials, episodic productions, feature films and games.
Product: Golaem Crowd
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page : http://golaem.com/
System Requirements: *
Supported Operating Systems: *
Software Prerequisites: *
Size: 92.2 mb
* Platform Requirements Platforms
- Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8 or 8.1, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
- OpenGL 3.3 (2010) or above
- Maya 2019, 64 bit
- Maya 2018, 64 bit
- Maya 2017, 64 bit
- Maya 2016, 64 bit
- Mental Ray For Maya
- V-Ray For Maya
- V-Ray For 3ds Max
- Arnold & Mtoa
- Arnold & Sitoa
- Renderman Studio
- 3Delight Studio Pro
- Guerilla Render
- Katana (with Arnold & Renderman)
See Release Notes to check the currently supported version for each of these renderers.
Please visit my blog
Added by 3% of the overall size of the archive of information for the restoration
No mirrors please
× Golaem Crowd 7.1 Close
Download File Size:89.59 MB